It seems that this error is massive, due to a lot of complains.
There are two possible solutions:
- [Works] Change DNS server to 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168. This will fix the problem without ping drop.
- [Works for a lot of players] Use VPN. I use Tunnel Bear on my PC, but you can download anything you want, just search for "download free vpn". Activate it and enjoy.
- [Doesn't work for everyone] Right click on PUBG in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of local files. In some cases Steam will find one file and download it again (approximately 1Mb). Wait untill download completes and try to run PUBG again.
How to change DNS server settings
DNS stands for Domain Name Server. Basically, it retrieves all server's actual addresses, so your PC knows where to go on the web. Normally it is provided by your internet company, but you can change it to whatever you like.
On Windows 10 go to system properties: Start > Parameters > Network & Internet > next, depending on your Windows version, select either "Change adapter options" or "View your network properties". Anyway, "Network connections" window should appear.
Select your current connection and right click on it > select "Options" > scroll to "IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and press "Settings".
Leave IP settings as is, we don't need to change them. We only need DNS server settings.
And here we have two options:
- Use Google DNS - https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns
- Use Cloudflare DNS - https://22.214.171.124/dns/
You will find additional information on how to change your dns settings by clicking links above.
So, you have to change DNS server to:
After that is done, restart Steam and all your browsers. You can reboot your PC if you want. After that I can give you 95% chance, that the ListBucketResult error with purple message on black screen will disappear.
How to use VPN properly
In order to fix this issue you will need:
- Close PUBG and Steam (that's important).
- Open your VPN software and activate it.
- Open Steam and run the game.
In most cases this will fix ListBucketResult PUBG error.
Cons of this method:
- Ping will jump up. If you regularly have 10, it can go up to 50-10 and even more.
- Some free VPN offer only limited amount of bandwidth, for example TunnelBear gives only 500Mb. But this was enough for me to play for two evenings.
Eventually this error will go away itself, all you need to do is wait. But if you struggle - try to use VPN, as I described.